Patient Safety – Periodontal Office in Bellmore
We have resumed comprehensive care for our patients. We have also resumed our hygiene care as well. While many things in the world have changed over the past three months, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
As you know, infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. You may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We will check your temperature when you arrive at the office.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, because these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Throughout our office we will have air purifiers with medical grade HEPA filtration. In addition to the five air purifiers that we had already installed, we recently added two IQAIR units. Our air purifiers are among the best in the world. They are used in hospitals and other medical institutions.
- For signing any forms or treatment consents, we will offer you a disposable pen.
- As we have always done, all surfaces and chairs in our treatment rooms will be cleaned with disinfectants between patients.
- All surfaces and counters throughout the office will be cleaned with disinfectants throughout the day.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We are offering you the opportunity to wait in your car prior to your appointment. If you prefer this option, be sure to call the office when you arrive in the parking lot, so that we may call you when it is time for your visit: Jay S. Fishbein, DMD Bellmore Periodontics Office Phone Number 516-679-1145.
- We know that many of you are looking forward to having your periodontal maintenance visit as soon as possible. We are trying our best to manage the schedule so that we can accommodate our patients, while spacing appointments to allow for thorough disinfection and cleaning.
We look forward to seeing you again. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at Jay S. Fishbein, DMD Bellmore Periodontics Office Phone Number 516-679-1145, or use our online form to Request an Appointment.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty. We look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Jay S. Fishbein, DMD and Staff
Advanced Air Filtration
The IQAir HealthPro Series features HyperHEPA filtration technology for superior airborne particle removal. IQAir’s HyperHEPA filtration is tested and certified by an independent third-party lab to effectively filter 99.5% harmful ultrafine pollution particles down to 0.003 μm in size. This is 100 times smaller than what is achieved with ordinary air filtration technology and 10 times smaller than a virus.