Implant Supported Overdenture
An Implant Supported Overdenture is a contemporary restoration that has revolutionized the way surgeons and dentists think of replacing a full set of teeth. It is superior to a full lower denture, which has no anchors to keep it in place. A lower implant-supported overdenture keeps the denture stable.
Standard dentures are unsecured prostheses with inherent limitations. Most often, dentures are painful, inconvenient and unstable. Such dentures can make chewing foods difficult, limiting the foods that you once enjoyed. Modern dentistry can help with implant-supported dentures.
The Implant Supported Overdenture treatment concept replaces your missing teeth with a full dental bridge supported by just two or three dental implants.
Benefits of Implant-Supported Dentures include:
- A cost effective solution. As few as two or three implants are needed and overall treatment time and cost is reduced.
- An Implant Supported Overdenture solution also ensures greater stability in the bone, reducing the need for bone graft surgery to increase bone volume.
- Implant-supported overdentures stay connected with bar and clip attachment methods or use a variety of abutment-based attachments (ball, magnets, and resilient stud attachments such as Locators). The most appropriate attachment system for your individual needs relates to a variety of factors that is determined early in the treatment.
- The overdenture snaps into place on two or three posts, which makes the denture much more stable. Patients report a significant improving in chewing and confidence with overdentures compared to dentures.
- Typically, a temporary set of teeth can be placed on the same day of surgery. The temporary teeth allow you to lead a normal life immediately after surgery. After a short healing period, your dentist will place the final bridge.
- Your quality of life is improved, and you can start enjoying your favorite foods again with renewed confidence.
Scientifically proven and documented. Implant Supported Overdentures have had good clinical outcomes from decade long studies with favorable results.
Are You Ashamed of Showing Your Missing Teeth?
Schedule a Consultation Today and Reclaim the Confidence to Smile!