Jay S. Fishbein, DMD – Diplomate American Board of Periodontology
Meet Bellmore NY Periodontist
Dr. Fishbein began his involvement with the Northeastern Society of Periodontists (NESP) as the website editor in 1998, a position he still holds today. He served on the Board of Directors from 2001 to 2007. Dr. Fishbein became an officer in the society in 2008. He served as president of the NESP in 2012.
As president of the NESP in 2012, he formed a committee to develop a competition to honor a dear colleague and dedicated member of the board of the NESP, Dr. Paul Tannenbaum. He asked his friend and former instructor, Dr. Bob Schoor, to lead the committee. Shortly thereafter, a framework for the competition was created. With the tragic passing of Dr. Schoor, it was an honor for Dr. Fishbein to become a co-chair of the very successful Dr. Paul Tannenbaum and Dr. Robert Schoor Memorial Competition.
Dr. Fishbein has been an attending in the department of dentistry, division of Periodontics, at Nassau University Medical Center since 1998. He enjoys working with the dental residents on all types of challenging cases.
- Bachelor of Arts with High Honors from Brandeis University
- University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, DMD
- Advanced Training and Certification in Periodontology at Temple University School of Dentistry
- Past-president of the Northeastern Society of Periodontists (NESP, 2012)
- American Board of Periodontology
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Academy of Osseointegration
- Nassau County Dental Society
- Nassau Dental Perspective
Honors and Awards
The Dr. Irwin Scopp Fellowship Award for Service to the Northeastern Society of Periodontists–2014
- Phi Beta Kappa
To schedule a consult with Dr. Fishbein, please use the Schedule An Appointment form below or call our office: Bellmore Office Phone Number 516-679-1145.